The flavors of this crockpot dish were excellent but it turned out a bit dry. Watch your liquids when you make it. Next time, I will double the sauce.
CrockPot Indian Curry (crockpot365.blogspot.com)
– 1 13.5 oz can of coconut milk
– 1 can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
– 4-6 frozen skinless, boneless chicken thighs
– 1 T tomato paste
– 2 T curry powder
– 1 t ground coriander
– 1 t ground cumin
– 1 inch peeled and grated ginger
– few dashes of hot sauce (skipped)
– 1 yellow onion. chopped
– 2 or 3 cloves of smashed and chopped garlic
– 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
– 1/2 of an eggplant, chopped skipped because I hate it and added butternut squash instead)
– 1 sweet potato, peeled and chopped
Assemble all of your spices, coconut milk, tobasco sauce, and tomato paste. Combine the sauce ingredients in the bottom of your crockpot. The sauce will be a lovely yellow.
Add the chicken, flipping it over a few times to coat it nicely. Pour in the garbanzo beans.
Wash and chop all of the vegetables, and then add to the Crock-Pot. Don’t worry about stirring them in the sauce. Let them sit on top of the chicken and steam away.
Cover and cook on low for 7-9 hours, or on high for 4-6. I cooked our dinner on high for almost 6 hours. The chicken was fully cooked, but still had shape, and the vegetables were soft and quite nice.
Stir carefully to mix flavors. If you stir too rough, the sweet potato will fall apart.
Serve over rice;