I didn’t make this from any recipe. I just took some ready made ingredients and put them together to make a delicious meal.
Quick Chicken Enchiladas (by Tanya)
- Rotisserie chicken (1/2 of the breast meat is enough.. or whatever you have leftover from another meal)
- 1 can black beans
- 1 red pepper cut into strips
- 1/2 medium onion cut into strips
- reduced fat mexican cheese
- large can of red enchilada sauce
- low carb flour tortillas (or corn if you want)
- olive oilPreheat oven to 350 degrees. Put 1 tablespoon olive oil in a saute pan. Add onions and saute until soft. Next, add the red pepper and saute until they just are starting to get soft (I like them crunchy). Remove onion and red pepper from heat.
Drain and rinse the black beans and set aside.
Now its time to assemble the enchiladas. Take 1 tortilla and add some black beans, chicken, onion, and red pepper. Sprinkle a tiny bit of cheese on top. Roll the tortilla. You do not want it to be so full that you can’t roll it. Repeat until you have filled a 9×13 pan with enchiladas (I had 6).
If you have leftoever filling, just put it on top of the enchiladas (except the cheese!). Cover enchiladas with the red sauce. Then top with cheese. Bake until bubbly!